Sunday, September 4, 2011

It's better to be loved and lost then to never have loved at all, or is it?

I previously posted a post about this same topic but due to some technological complications I accedently deleted it. That post at the end ended up agreeing with that phrase. But, I've been thinking lately and I don't agree anymore with my previous thoughts. I know that this famous quote by Alfred Lord Tennyson, from his poem "In Memoriam". is well famous and taken as fact and I personally have only experienced love and then loss of that love once and am still measurable to this day. I don't dwell on it, but I don't feel I'm better coming out of this experience then I was going in to it. Just writing this makes my stomach turn. Though the love I had was lost, I haven't stopped loving. I still love her. Though what might be making it more difficult is that were still friends. maybe it's like getting a knife stuck in your heart and letting the heart heal around the knife instead of removing the knife. but, I want to keep the knife in there. I've gotten use to the knife in my life even if I stopped feeling it for a while. I'm starting to feel the knife again and it herts, but I so desperately want to keep the knife in there. and by saying that, mean I haven't really been communicating with her since I got rejected after I told her. but, now we are, and I think we will, and I want to because I still love her but I don't know if it's good for me. any way to sum it all up I personally don't think it's better to love and lost then to have never have loved at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment