Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Judgment day

hey, a quick thought. I was listening to Casting crowns "stain glass masquerade" when a question popped into my head. "who is the first to judge". I was thinking about the song and how it's talking about how everyone wears a mask to be more excepted. I then thought about when is the time people start wearing masks. When do people start caring about what people think. In kindergarden and first grade it doesn't seem to matter. then second and third I remember getting more self conscious. I'm pretty sure people start pretending around fourth grade. It's sad it's so young that were taught to "fit in". Would an ultimate universe be one with no judgment. What if everyone lived in peace were you could do anything you wanted without having thoughts from others about you. Would that then get rid of a moral code. isn't a moral code based on what you JUDGE as good and bad. Instead of creating a utopia, it would distort the very world we live in. Or would we figure a way to work with it. Maybe it's hard for us to imagine because it's all we lived with. You've been judged from people from the day you were born. "your baby is beautiful" or "what misbehaved baby". You've been judged and have judged others from what I personally assume is early elementary school. The mere act of judging is what probably made yours and mine Jr. High, and High school years so horrible. well, I thought I might but this thought out there. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment